About GRAND fromage
We work with Scandinavian farm dairies to develop new, exciting cheeses, made from recipes and with techniques dug out of the history books. These cheeses are marketed under our own brand. We mature a great deal of our cheeses ourselves to be able to meet individual customer requirements.
We buy exciting charcuterie products, and we develop charcuterie ourselves from organic goat meat and pork. We also buy a wide range of other delicacies such as oils, balsamic vinegars, nuts and dried fruit.
We supply products to the best chefs and kitchens in Denmark who make food based on the philosophy that the best raw ingredients produce the best results.
A strong professional base, a healthy, critical eye for food and a high level of service are the foundation stones of our absolute commitment to quality.
Our objectives are:
Awards and distinctions
World Cheese Award 2010:
- to deliver an optimum taste experience to our customers who comprise approx. 600 of the best restaurants and canteens in Denmark as well as private customers who purchase products in our two shops or online
- to be the most versatile supplier of handcrafted and gourmet products in Scandinavia and to support small, talented quality producers all over Europe
- to develop new products which are justified on the basis of idea, high quality, taste and production method
- to supply the best existing products in handcrafted cheeses, charcuterie and specialities
- to know the producers of each product to be able to ensure consistent high quality
Gold medal for our Skallingen cheese in the hard cheese category.
Scandinavia’s Best Blue Cheese 2010
for Lindbjerg Blue.
Scandinavia’s Best Hard Cheese 2009
for Fynbo Extra.
Scandinavia’s Best Cheese 2007 and 2008
for Ho Holme.
Jens-Einar Lindbjerg Jensen
grew up around cheese and butter in a small dairy. Jens-Einar underwent basic training in Danish dairies with practical instruction in cheese and butter production which he concluded with the Danish Dairy Certificate. After finishing school, he spent time in the United States studying at farm dairies in California. He then trained as a dairy technician.
In September 1999, Jens-Einar and his son Thomas Lindbjerg travelled Europe to enter into import agreements for the very best cheeses. This was the start of GRAND fromage which opened in Aarhus in December 1999.
is a trained chef and has worked at the two-star Michelin restaurant Relais de la Poste in France. He has also trained as a dairy engineer. During his training, he spent time in France, where he produced Comté cheeses, and in Sweden, where he produced blue cheeses. Thomas joined GRAND fromage as a partner in 2004.
The Lindbjerg family started a dairy business back in 1883 when Thomas Lindbjerg’s great-great-grandfather purchased and ran a dairy. Dairy production has been part of all generations of the Lindbjerg family ever since.
Telephone: +45 24 27 13 03
Address: Hjortholmsgade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark